Retino-A Cream 0,05
Analogs of Retino-A Cream 0,05:
Tretinoin creams and gel work deep inside the skin to treat acne and wrinkles.
Tretinoin is a topical medication that is derived from vitamin A. It is commonly used to treat acne and other skin conditions. Tretinoin works by promoting the turnover of skin cells, preventing the formation of new acne lesions, and reducing the appearance of fine wrinkles.
The concentration you looking for – 0.05%, indicates the strength of the tretinoin formulation. Higher concentrations may be more effective, but they can also be more irritating to the skin. It’s important to follow your healthcare provider’s instructions and use the medication as directed.
Here are some general guidelines for using tretinoin:
- Start Slowly: If you are new to tretinoin or have a higher concentration, start by applying it every other night or even every third night to allow your skin to adjust.
- Apply to Dry Skin: Wash your face and wait until your skin is completely dry before applying tretinoin. Applying it to damp skin can increase the risk of irritation.
- Pea-sized Amount: Use a pea-sized amount for the entire face. Using more does not necessarily increase effectiveness and may lead to increased irritation.
- Sun Protection: Tretinoin can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher during the day, and avoid prolonged sun exposure.
- Avoid Harsh Products: Avoid using harsh or abrasive skin care products while using tretinoin, as this can increase irritation.
- Patience is Key: Results may not be immediate, and it may take several weeks to see improvement. It’s important to be patient and consistent with your application.
If you have any concerns about using tretinoin or experience severe irritation, it’s recommended to consult with your healthcare provider or dermatologist. They can provide guidance on the best use for your specific skin type and condition.
Retino-A Cream 0.05%
Retino-A Cream is used for treating acne. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
How to use
Use Retino-A Cream as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
Retino-A Cream is for external use only.
Remove all cosmetics with a mild soap before applying Retino-A Cream. Gently dry the area. Wait 20 to 30 minutes to make sure that your skin is completely dry.
Apply a thin film of medicine to the affected area. Rub in gently.
Wash your hands immediately after using Retino-A Cream.
Drug Class and Mechanism
Retino-A Cream is a vitamin A derivative. How it exerts its beneficial effects against acne is not fully known. Tretinoin appears to increase skin-cell turnover and to reduce the tendency for skin cells to stick together. This reduces the formation of acne and allows quicker healing of acne that does develop.
If you miss a dose of Retino-A Cream, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Store Retino-A Cream at room temperature, between 59 and 80 degrees F (15 and 26 degrees C). Store in a tightly closed container. Store away from heat and light. Keep Retino-A Cream out of the reach of children and away from pets.